Building a huge WordPress website, but still in doubt on how to keep it safe. There are numbers of things that can be happened, like of server error, accidentally irreversible problem or even may be a hacked. What have to be done well in advance to ensure the safety of your WordPress website? The answer is simple you do require a backup solution that not only keeps an eye on your website but also create instance (regular backups) from time-to-time.
Since, the time from when the WordPress begins making huge part in our lives, the community also grows huge widely. There are large number of backup (and yes, they are free) plug-ins available which help you effectively keep the backup of your website as well as not only this, but also help you keeping ready well in advance for any of future problems that might comes into existence unpredictably anytime.
But also now what still keeping you away from to opt for such a backup plug-in, it is actually which particular plug-in you think of opting for? As I mentioned above, there are a large list of plug-ins available ranging from keeping just the backup of your WordPress website database to the entire website. In order to help you out, with this article, I tried to bring the seven such free backup plug-in for you which I strongly feel would be your savior when you find yourself in such a situation.
Using the BackUpWordPress plug-in means you have been opting for keeping the back up of your entire site, including that of your website’s database and all other files on a schedule that you select according to your convenience.
- Manage multiple schedules
- Super simple to use, no setup required
- Uses zip and mysqldump for faster back ups if they are available
- Works in low memory, “shared host” environments
- Option to have each backup file emailed to you
- Works on Linux & Windows Server
- Exclude files and folders from your back ups
- Good support should you need help
- Translations for Spanish, German, Chinese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Lithuanian, Italian, Czech, Dutch, French, Basque
XCloner – Backup and Restore
Designed for PHP/MySQL websites, XCloner is a Backup and Restore component that can work as a native plug-in for WordPress. The plug-in generate and store the backups, move the backup as well as restore script to the new location and even restore the backup by launching the XCloner.php restore script.
- Backup and Restore any PHP/Mysql application
- Create custom backups
- Generate automatic backups based on cronjobs
- Restore your backups anywhere
- Share your custom backups with your clients
Online Backup for WordPress
The plug-in provides protection for your WordPress website and their data. It allows you to easily backup your WordPress website with encryption to email, download or free 100 MB secure online storage.
- Easy to use
- Configuration checklist to help you get started
- Schedule daily or weekly backups to email or free online storage
- Download on-demand backups in ZIP file
- Backup only files that have changed since the last backup
- Full AES encryption support
- Exclude files and folders
- Exclude comments in trash or marked as spam
- Backup the WordPress parent folder if your WordPress blog is only part of your website
- Free online storage available in secure data centres
- Support forum is actively monitored to help users with any issues
WP Complete Backup
WP Complete Backup plug-in will backup the WordPress entire database as well as the file system. It is an easy to use, complete backup solution for WordPress. The plug-in offers users the ability to backup both the database as well as complete file system.
- Automatic backup restore tool
- One-click button to clear all stored backups
- Option to delete backups individually
- Complete user guide in PDF format
- Access to community support forum
- Randomized server storage locations
WordPress Backup to Dropbox
The plug-in allows you to keep your valuable WordPress website, its media files and database backed up to Dropbox within minutes. WordPress Backup to Dropbox plug-in all it asks you to choose a day, time and backup scheduling. Soon, the backup completed, the plug-in will send you back the website files and database SQL dump directly into your Dropbox.
- Dropbox gives you 2GB of space completely free of charge
- The plug-in allows you to create automated backups and store them in your Dropbox folder
- You can choose the time of day and regularity of your backups as well as which directories should/shouldn’t be included
- A complete secure plug-in
WordPress EZ Backup
The plug-in is an administrator plug-in which allows the easiest most feature rich method for creating backup archives of your entire site & database. As soon as installed, the plug-in allow you to create a custom backup schedule from the admin panel letting you choose the time and regularity of the backups.
- An automated backup and restoration tool
- Backup your sites database and file structure as per the schedule set within the admin interface
- Allows you to restore your site from the last created backup with ease
The BackWPup plug-in can be used to save your whole of WordPress website, media files and other content into one location and the time when need arise just with the single backup .zip file you are able to restore an installation.
- Database Backup (needs mysqli)
- WordPress XML Export
- Generate a file with installed plugins
- Optimize Database
- Check and repair Database
- File backup
- Backups in zip, tar, tar.gz, tar.bz2 format (needs gz, bz2, ZipArchive)
- Store backup to directory
- Store backup to FTP server (needs ftp)
- Store backup to S3 services (needs curl)
- Store backup to Microsoft Azure (Blob) (needs PHP 5.3.2, curl)
- Store backup to RackSpaceCloud (needs PHP 5.3.2, curl)
- Store backup to Dropbox (needs curl)
- Store backup to SugarSync (needs curl)
- Send logs and backups by email
- Multi-site support only as network admin