With new and new WordPress themes coming into existence, you too wish to update your theme with adding some more styling to it. While options are many BUT the one such main which you will be interested in more is to add custom menu images in your WordPress website. In this article, we covered on how you can add custom navigation images using a plugin.
To start with, you need to install and activate the plugin name Nav Menu Images. Once activated, go to the menu screen and select a menu. The plugin enables you to upload images for nav menu items on a menu edit screen. By default, the nav images will be displayed instead of text for the menu items you selected.
Plugin To Use: Nav Menu Images
- The plugin lets you to upload images for nav menu items on a menu edit screen.
- By default, those images will be displayed instead of text for respective menu items.
- You can also set images that will be displayed only when you hover menu item, or when menu item is of currently displayed page.
- Developers can use many available filters to make their own way of displaying images.
- Or even create a child class on top of base one. See source code for more ideas.