Earlier I reviewed about WPEngine Manage Hosting Service, but ever since a lot of readers asked me to review Page.ly also, another managed hosting service. So here I am, figuring it out that whether the service is good or not and if good, how it is good and if it is not, then where the service lacks.
Page.ly started in 2006 and get in real action by 2009 with introducing friendly looking website is one of the largest and most trusted WordPress hosting providers. What appreciated is that the service is run by husband-wife duo, Joshua Strebel and Sally Strebel.
The service offers managed WordPress hosting service for those who are looking for tension free site running environment, means one start by signing up once over the service and have never worry about upgrading things like plugins or core install. Page.ly get its fuel by Codeigniter as its framework.
Features & Pricing
- Automatic Upgrades: WordPress Core & Plugin Upgrades
- PRESSARMOR WordPress Security: Custom WordPress security configuration that keeps the bad guys out and your site safe.
- Nightly Backups: Fully managed, 14 day retention
- Enterprise Network Security: Real Time Malware scanning and removal. Redundant Firewalls and DDoS protection
- Superior Speed: Advanced Varnish caching layer for millisecond load times
- Extendable: Use Nearly any Plugin or Theme
- File Access: FTPs Access Available for a 1x $5 upgrade
- Enterprise DNS
- FREE Migration Assistance
- Dedicated IP(s) Available
- WordPress Multisite
- Private VPS
- Load Balancing Available
- Scale as needed with +Cores/Ram
- Shell Access
- Secure VPN
- Direct Database Access
You can start by opting for personal plan, which cost $24 a month and includes ~25,000 visitors, 10GB bandwidth and 5GB storage. The Business plan cost $64 a month and includes ~200,000 visitors, 50GB bandwidth and 15GB storage. The Professional plan cost $149 a month and includes ~750,000 visitors, 100GB bandwidth and 35GB storage while for Enterprise plan, you can ask the Page.ly team for a quote.
- Personal – $24 a month, ~25,000 visitors, 10GB bandwidth, 5GB storage
- Business – $64 a month, ~200,000 visitors, 50GB bandwidth, 15GB storage
- Professional – $149 a month, ~750,000 visitors, 100GB bandwidth, 35GB storage
- Enterprise – request a quote, millions of visitors, $0.17GB bandwidth, $2.5GB storage
Advantages & Disadvantages
- Awesome fast.
- Offers automatic WordPress core and plugin upgrades.
- You don’t get the control of the backend system directly.
- Support is only available during Pacific Standard Time.
Summary & Reviews
Just like any other service, Page.ly too not meant for all. It’s for those who are looking for managed solution for their WordPress websites. It is good for those who are having sites with growing traffic and need scalability with hassle-free security and reliability on board.
1. Is your product the Next Big Thing? Wanna have the whole of world heard what you are coming up with via our website? We have two options for you to submit your WordPress-related product or service to be reviewed on JustWP.