A huge (header) points between the content requires a good and massive well build-up indexing and unless and until if you have something relevant with you on your WordPress site, it will create a mess. On second note, learning the fact and in actual the love for Wikipedia, people love it not just only for the information one gets, but the way the interface has been developed from the group up. Now, what if – you will get both the things under one hood. Well, yes this is possible as in this article I am going to review a plugin name Table Of Content Plus.
The plugin Table Of Content Plus is built from the group up with keeping Wikipedia in mind. The content table (by default) will appear before the first handing on a page. It is a combination of powerful as well as user friendly plugin which will automatically creates a context specific index or table of contents (which basically required for longer pages as well as custom post types). The plugin gives the freedom to have lead-in content in the site which in turn may summarise or introduce the rest of the pages.
- A powerful yet user friendly plugin that automatically creates a context specific index or table of contents (TOC) for long pages (and custom post types).
- It can also output a sitemap listing pages and/or categories across your entire site.
- It also uses a unique numbering scheme that doesn’t get lost through CSS differences across themes.
- It is a great companion for content rich sites such as content management system oriented configurations.
- It includes an administration options panel where you can customise settings like display position, define the minimum number of headings before an index is displayed, other appearance, and more.
- Custom post types are supported, however, auto insertion works only when the_content() has been used by the custom post type.
- Each post type will appear in the options panel, so enable the ones you want.
Installation & Configuration
- Upload the table-of-contents-plus folder into your /wp-content/plugins/ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- You can change the default settings and more under Settings > TOC+ while keep a note that this plugin requires PHP 5.
Summary & Review
I like this plugin, not just because it eases my job but also it’s like what I am seeking to, I am getting all of them under one hood. Say, if you are not a coding savvy and want to have a long post with wish to include an index before the first heading, then this is where this plugin will help you out. It’s good and I highly recommend the plugin to all.
1. Is your product the Next Big Thing? Wanna have the whole of world heard what you are coming up with via our website? We have two options for you to submit your WordPress-related product or service to be reviewed on JustWP.