WordPress today announced the release of version 3.8, named “Parker” in honor of Charlie Parker, bebop innovator. You can download the latest version directly from WordPress.org or can update through your WordPress dashboard. With new version, WordPress has gotten a whole facelift, bringing a fresh new look to the whole of admin dashboard, bringing bigger, bolder and more colorful design on board.
WordPress 3.8 Features
- Modern aesthetic: The new WordPress dashboard has a fresh, uncluttered design that embraces clarity and simplicity.
- Clean typography: The Open Sans typeface provides simple, friendly text that is optimized for both desktop and mobile viewing. It’s even open source, just like WordPress.
- Refined contrast: With superior contrast and large, comfortable type, the new design is easy to read and a pleasure to navigate.
- WordPress on every device: No matter what you use, WordPress will adapt and you’ll feel right at home.
- High definition at high speed: WordPress is sharper than ever with new vector-based icons that scale to your screen. By ditching pixels, pages load significantly faster, too.
- Admin color schemes to match your personality: WordPress just got a colorful new update. The new version included eight new admin color schemes so you can pick the one that suits you best.
- Refined theme management: The new themes screen lets you survey your themes at a glance.
- Smoother widget experience: Drag-drag-drag. Scroll-scroll-scroll. Widget management can be complicated. With the new design, we’ve worked to streamline the widgets screen.