With the world turning towards social, the use of social media share buttons are a must for every internet entity, then whether it will be a site, a blog or even web software. These social media share buttons can help significantly impact your site’s presence on the global scale as well as give the site visitors an extra way to spread the love. While there are hundreds of thousands of social media plugins available out there, but the best one will be the one which is a light-weight, easy to use and simple in nature.
On trying my hands out on the plugin name Floating Social Bar, I feel I found the one which I am looking onto from quite a good time as the plugin brings all the things which I am looking for. The plugin developed by Syed Balkhi (WPBeginner) and Thomas Griffin (author of Soliloquy slider). The plugin supports all major social media networks including Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, and Pinterest while the best part the plugin brings in is the ability which allows the eye-catching social media bar which gets you maximum shares in return.
Download, Installation & Configuration
- Extract the zip file.
- Drop the contents in the wp-content/plugins/ directory of your WordPress installation.
- Activate the Plugin from Plugins page.
- Go to Settings > Floating Social Bar for options.
Options Under Settings
- Social Bar Label – If you want label for your social media buttons, then here you can add while if you want nothing here, then leave it empty.
- Show Bar On – You can toggle Floating Social Bar for each post type
- Twitter username – Add your Twitter handle here while if you don’t want, then leave it empty.
- Interval to Update Stats
- Pinterest Image Fallback – if you want to use Pinterest button, then you have to add image URL to use as fallback image for posts that have no images in them.
- Make Social Bar Static – Uncheck this and you have a Plain Social Bar
- Disable Socialite –If you disable this, the native social widgets will never be used and buttons your visitors see will be plain links that look like sharing widgets.
Summary & Review
It is an amazing WordPress social media button as it brings all the things together along with vibrant options like “Make Social Bar Static” and “Disable Socialite.” I recommend using this but since there are plenty others also available, it’s on you that using the social media button for your site what in actual you are looking for.
1. Is your product the Next Big Thing? Wanna have the whole of world heard what you are coming up with via our website? We have two options for you to submit your WordPress-related product or service to be reviewed on JustWP.
More Info | Free Submission | Speedy Submission
2. Like the post, then make sure you do follow and like us on both Twitter and Facebook.