Over the couple of years, using the Author Box plugins for WordPress sites have become an important requirement. In fact, it’s not only just meant for publicizing the thing but also to make aware the reader that who is the real face behind the post.
It is certainly quite possible that you are not using a WordPress theme which includes the functionality pre-installed into in it. The author box although brings in a short bio, author picture, links to all their posts as well as social media links, means the box will serves as a greater purpose resource.
With this article, I showcased seven of best free author box WordPress plugins.
Fancier Author Box by ThematoSoup
The plugin will give an identity to your single or multi-author WordPress website. It will make your every post stand out and attract your readers’ eyes.
- Show in posts (above, below, both, none)
- Show in pages (above, below, both, none)
- Show in custom post types (above, bellow, both, none)
- Bio – This is a standard author bio description. It uses your Gravatar image and alows you to put social profile icons
- Latest Posts – Shows number of latest posts you specify and dates
DT Author Box
DT Author Box easily allows you to add an author box signature with custom profile image to the end of each author’s posts along with website and twitter link.
- Great for those having multiple authors on a WordPress site and want to show author information at the bottom of every post.
- Includes an image, a short bio, an author’s website link and the author’s Twitter.
- Author can upload their own avatar profile image directly.
The plugin allows you to add a customisable biography to posts, to RSS feeds, to pages, to archives and to each post on your blog’s landing page as well as via a widget in your sidebar.
- Choose when to display a Biography Box; on the front page, in archives, on individual posts, pages, or any other custom post type and in RSS feeds.
- Choose the border style and background colour of the Biography Box
- Choose the amount of user profile information displayed in the Biography Box
- Choose the avatar image size
- Choose to display the Biography Box at the top or the bottom of content (universally)
- Choose to hide the display of the Biography Box for pages, posts and posts/pages on a per user basis
- Choose whether to display the Biography Box in the sidebar of your blog.
Social Author Bio
Social Author Bio adds an author bio box with the author’s avatar with built-in and custom social icons on pages/posts.
- Fully integrated Google+ authorship (shows Google+ Avatar in search results)
- Added custom field (check box) on edit screen providing the ability to disable of author box on individual pages/posts
- New shortcode [social_bio_icons] which displays only the Social Icons
- Ability to adjust avatar size (admin)
- Choice of location, top or bottom, for automatic placement of Social Author Bio
- Number of custom links increased from 5 to 10
- Added %home% (The home URL) variable to advanced HTML section
WP About Author
The plugin allows you to easily display customizable author bios below your posts.
- Three border styles to match any theme
- Change background color with easy to use color picker
- Display settings allow you to control when to display author bios
- Display text links or icons to a users social media profiles
Author Box After Posts
The plugin allows you to add an author box after your post contents. The box contains author’s avatar, name, post count, site link, description, Email, Facebook, Google, and Twitter.
- Add Facebook, Google and Twitter custom fields to User Profile page (URLs are nofollow)
- [who has written 100 post] link to the author page with rel=”author”, you just need to link back to the author page on your Google Profile Page to make your authorship information to appear in search results for the content you create. Learn more:http://support.google.com/webmasters/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1408986
- Customize the style by editing the authorboxafterposts.css file
Author Box Plugin With Different Description
This Plugin will add an author box to your post contents. The box contains author’s avatar, name, post count, site link, description, Email, Facebook, Google, Twitter, Pinterest, Youtube, Linkedin. It also gives a flexibility to add different description for the same author according to the post.
- Supports custom description to your post and pages, with the custom field author_desc. Default author description is from user profile but if custom field is there it will display the author description from custom field.
- Add Facebook, Google, Linkedin, Youtube, Pinterest and Twitter custom fields to User Profile page (URLs are nofollow).
- Gives you an option to select the contact fields for the user profiles from admin panel.
- Select where you want to show the author box, on the top of the page or at bottom.
- Support for custom CSS, so you can customize your author box display. You can stop loading the Author Box CSS and create a custom tags for your author box.
- [who has written 100 post] link to the author page with rel=”author”, you just need to link back to the author page on your Google Profile Page to make your authorship information to appear in search results for the content you create.
- Option to show social media profile as an image or text, you can select it from Admin Panel.