WordPress is a simple as well as a powerful content management system covering 20% of web, result of which almost second other site today have WordPress on board. But, having content management system completely not makes proper sense unless and until proper tools are being implemented along with it.
It is always important to have tools which influence not one but a lot of people out there and commenting is one such way of achieving the same. There are plugins which are available for the purpose but the answer lies beneath towards which one to opt for. If you know WordPress well or got at least some knowledge of content management system, you will heard loud and clear that Disqus and Livefyre are two major commenting systems.
Too easy to decide upon one – we will help you out finalizing the one.
We’ve been putting together two review articles which discuss both of these commenting systems – Disqus and Livefyre – investigating their features, usability, reliability and support to help you decide which commenting system would work best for you.
Introduction: Disqus Commenting System
Disqus pronounced “discuss” is a free commenting system which enables great communities over the web – then whether you are running a blog or a website. It comes equipped with so many cool features including being social, keeping track of the discussion activity, and lots more.
In short, the service is used by millions of websites which covers pretty much any topic one can imagine of. It makes commenting easier and more interactive, while connecting websites and commenters across a thriving discussion community.
- Uses the Disqus API
- Comments indexable by search engines (SEO-friendly)
- Support for importing existing comments
- Auto-sync (backup) of comments with Disqus and WordPress database
- Threaded comments and replies
- Notifications and reply by email
- Subscribe and RSS options
- Aggregated comments and social mentions
- Powerful moderation and admin tools
- Full spam filtering, blacklists and whitelists
- Support for Disqus community widgets
- Connected with a large discussion community
- Increased exposure and readership
- Unpack archive to this archive to the ‘wp-content/plugins/’ directory inside of WordPress.
- Maintain the directory structure of the archive (all extracted files should exist in ‘wp-content/plugins/disqus-comment-system/’
- From your blog administration, click on Comments to change settings (WordPress 2.0 users can find the settings under Options > Disqus).
9 Pointer Disqus Benefits
- Disqus is everywhere
- Blog commenting is ‘more’ social
- Keep track of the discussion activity
- Time saver
- Real time and editable
- Find the hot discussion
- Keep track of the discussion
- Get to know who is your commenter quickly
- Content promotion and revenue source from discovery
Summary & Review
In my both the blogs – I2Mag and JustWP.org, I have been using Disqus commenting system. I really love it as it comes as a bundle solution for all my blogs commenting needs. I will say and suggest if you haven’t using it yet, you would love to use it. Better give it a try today.
1. Is your product the Next Big Thing? Wanna have the whole of world heard what you are coming up with via our website? We have two options for you to submit your WordPress-related product or service to be reviewed on JustWP.